Jun 23, 2024  
2022-2023 General Catalog 
2022-2023 General Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Child Development Permit

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Programs by Department

The California Child Development Permit is issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC).  The following SSU courses can be applied to the Permit.  Please speak with an Early Childhood Studies advisor for more information about how to apply for the Child Development Permit.

Permit Course Work

Applicants for the Child Development Permit must complete 15 units of coursework from the following categories. Please see an Early Childhood advisor for more information.

Supervised Field Experience

Each of the courses in this category is a 4-unit course that includes three units of content and one unit of supervised fieldwork.  All three courses must be completed in order to meet the 3-unit supervised fieldwork requirement for the permit.

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Programs by Department